Denon AVR-X4200W and AVR-X3200W A/V Receivers
On Thursday, July 16, 2015, Denon introduced two new network A/V receivers. The new top of the line Denon AVR-X4200W and AVR-X3200W A/V receivers come with built-in Dolby Atmos, a Dolby Surround upmixer and are ready for DTS:X and the DTS Neural:X upmixer which will be available as a free-of-charge firmware update later this year. They're further equipped with the Audyssey MultEQ XT room equalization program including Audyssey Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ so a listener can tailor the sound according to the listening room and personal taste.
Both receivers also come with the exclusive Denon Setup Assistant along with a Quick Start Guide. To conveniently keep control of all features, the Denon remote app is available for iOS devices on the App Store and for Android™ devices on the Google Play Store.
Denon AVR-X4200W and AVR-X3200W Video Features
The receivers include full 4K/60Hz Ultra HD support along with 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, HDR and BT.2020 pass-through. They also come equipped with HDMI 2.0a and and are compatible with HDCP 2.2 specifications required for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content.
Both receivers feature a video processor to upconvert standard definition and high definition video sources to full rate 4k Ultra HD resolution. The receivers are also certified by the Imaging Science Foundation for video quality, and are equipped with the full suite of ISFccc advanced video calibration controls.
Denon AVR-X4200W and AVR-X3200W Connectivity Features
The AVR-X3200W and AVR-X3200W each provide eight HDMI inputs with one located on the front panel for connecting modern HDMI devices such as cable or satellite receivers, Blu-ray players, Home Theater PCs, set-top-boxes and game consoles.
The A/V receivers come with built-in Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi for connections to a home network. Connection options, include Apple AirPlay®, network attached storage devices (NAS), Internet Radio, Pandora®, SiriusXM™ and Spotify Connect® (where available; subscription required). High Resolution audio files like FLAC, AIFF or DSD are also supported.
Denon AVR-X4200W and AVR-X3200W Power Features
The new X-series models come with a unique Denon ECO mode. It provides the ability to reduce overall power consumption and features an on-screen ECO Meter that lets the user see the power consumption reduction effect if desired. The Auto ECO mode automatically switches between normal and ECO modes, depending on the volume level chosen.
AVR-X3200W Audio Features
The AVR-X3200W's seven channel amplifier delivers 105 Watts to all channels. The amplifier can be used for one of the new 3D sound formats or to bring the same or a different audio signal to a second zone in another room. By virtue of the 7.2 channel pre-out section, an RS232 port and flexible amp assignment options, the AVR-X3200W can be used for multi-zone listening and home automation.
The AVR-X3200W Connectivity Features
The receiver is equipped with two HDMI outputs so users can enjoy a surround movie in a main room and a separate stereo program with video from a different source in a separate second room.
AVR-X4200W Audio Features
The AVR-X4200W delivers 125 Watts of power on all seven channels. All audio signals are handled by the Denon D.D.S.C-HD (Dynamic Discrete Surround Circuit High Definition) and a unique AL24 Processing Plus, for sound refinement supported by the use of 192kHz / 32bit D/A Converters. Denon Link HD Connection is provided for jitter-free transmission from a supporting Denon Blu-ray Player.
AVR-X4200W Connectivity Features
Three HDMI output ports are provided for convenience in connecting multiple displays. With its nine channel processing capability, eleven speaker terminals and 13.2 channel pre-out connections, the receiver offers flexibility in multi-room and amp assignment options. By adding an additional 2-channel power amplifier for example, it can run a Dolby Atmos experience up to 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 configurations. And through a paid upgrade offer, the highly acclaimed Auro-3D sound processing engine can be added for another 3D sound experience. Additionally, the AVR-X4200W comes with Audyssey MultEQ XT32 including Pro-calibration option, Sub EQ HT and LFC (Low Frequency Containment).
Denon AVR-X3200W 7.2 channel Network A/V Receiver - Key Features
- 105W x 7ch (8ohm, 20-20kHz, THD:0.08%) discrete power amplifier
- Built-in Dolby Atmos (up to 5.1.2); DTS:X ready (via firmware update later in 2015)
- Advanced quad-core 32-bit DSP processor
- Latest HDMI 2.0a standard with 4K/60Hz full-rate pass-through on 4:4:4 resolution, HDR, BT.2020 on all inputs
- 8 HDMI inputs (1x front) and 2 HDMI outputs with full HDCP 2.2 support
- Advanced Video Processing with scaling of lower resolution signals up to 1080p and 4k Ultra HD
- ISF Certification
- Built-in Wi-Fi with dual diversity antenna, built-in Bluetooth
- Front panel USB input
- Wide support for streaming formats including high resolution DSD, FLAC and AIFF
- AirPlay and DLNA music streaming Spotify Connect (where available); Internet Radio, Pandora and SiriusXM
- Advanced ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
- Audyssey MultEQ XT with Audyssey Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- Denon AVR Remote App (available for Android and iOS™)
- Setup Assistant in 3 languages; Color-coded speaker terminals
- 7.2 channel pre-out: 2 multi-room zones; RS232 Control
- Available in black
Denon AVR-X4200W 9.2 channel Network A/V Receiver – Additional Features
- 125W x 7ch (8ohm, 20-20KHz, THD:0.05%) discrete power amplifier
- 9.2 channel processing
- Dolby Atmos up to 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 (with additional 2 channel amplifier) DTS:X ready (via firmware update later in 2015)
- Auro-3D, Auromatic (up to 9.1 channel with a paid Upgrade) Release timing: to be announced
- D.D.S.C.-HD Digital and AL24 Processing Plus; Denon Link HD
- 192kHz / 32bit D/A Converter
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32 (Pro ready), Sub EQ HT and LFC
- 8 HDMI inputs (1x front) and 3 HDMI outputs with full HDCP 2.2 support
- Phono (MM) input
- 13.2 channel pre-out; 3 multi-room zones
- Clock Jitter Reducer
- Available in black
Pricing and Availability
The AVR-X3200W has a manufacturers suggested retail price of $999 and is expected to be available in August 2015 at authorized Denon retailers.
The AVR-X4200W has a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $1,499 and is also expected to be available in August 2015 at authorized Denon retailers.
About Steve Cooper
Steve Cooper is an applications software developer who also builds custom home media solutions. His interests include reading, music & movies, guitar, woodworking and motor racing.
Steve Cooper's full author bio and article archive...