On Tuesday, June 2, 2015, Legrand® introduced a new Wiremold® hinged wall box that gives quick and easy access to power, data and A/V connections. The new Evolution™ Series Hinged Wall Box is available in 4-gang and 8-gang configurations.
The Wiremold hinged wall box was designed specifically for large spaces such as lecture halls and conference rooms where connections are often changed to meet the requirements of the events.
Evolution Series Hinged Wall Box Features
- The Wall Box comes with a hinged, locking cover to prevent unauthorized access. The hinged door opens a full 180 degrees.
- A small egress door in the front of the box allows wires and cables to exit while the main door is secured.
- Built-in tunnel and feed through capability allows service feeds to be fed through the box, reducing the number of feeds required and reducing installation time.
- The box accepts standard 1-gang to 4-gang device plates. No proprietary plates are required.
- Both the 4-gang and 8-gang boxes are designed to fit in 16" openings between studs in standard 2” x 4” (51mm x 102mm) wall construction. Trade size knock-outs range from ¾” to 2” on the bottom and side.
- The box is made of steel, is painted white inside and out and can be painted to coordinate with wall colors. A black painted version is also available.
- The Evolution Series Hinged Wall Box is UL Listed to U.S. and Canadian safety standards.
The Evolution Series Hinged Wall Box is available immediately from select Wiremold dealers and installation professionals.