Heritage Headphone Amplifier Announced By Klipsch
On Tuesday, November 28, 2017, Klipsch®, a wholly-owned subsidiary of VOXX International Corporation, announced the debut of its Heritage Headphone Amplifier. Designed primarily to be used as a discrete balanced headphone amplifier, the Heritage Headphone Amplifier doubles as a digital analog processor for USB audio, optical, and coaxial inputs.
The Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier is encased in formed aluminum with a genuine walnut veneer. Inputs and gain settings are controlled by weighted anodized aluminum switches and knobs. The analog switches on the amplifier operate through relays engineered to keep distortion at low levels.
Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier Signal Path
The Heritage Headphone Amplifier is driven by a high resolution, high performance ES9018K2M ESS Sabre32 Reference digital-to-analog converter (DAC) capable of 192kHz/24-bit sample rates. With dual Class-AB TI TPA6120A2 amplifiers, the signal path minimizes crosstalk while increasing total system output. The amplifiers are designed to be quiet to provide an optimal signal to noise ratio.
Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier Features
- Dual Class-AB (TI TPA6120A2) Amplifiers
- ESS Sabre32 ES9018K2M Digital Analog Converter
- XMOS Asynchronous USB Interface
- Balanced XLR-4 Jack Amplifier Power:
- 525mW into 16 ohms
- 1440mW into 32 ohms
- 1050mW into 150 ohms
- 540mW into 300 ohms
- 270mW into 600 ohms
- Unbalanced 1/4” Jack Amplifier Power:
- 810mW into 16 ohms
- 940mW into 32 ohms
- 270mW into 150 ohms
- 135mW into 300 ohms
- 68mW into 600 ohms
- 9 Hz – 90 kHz +0/-3.0 db Frequency Response
- 118 dB A-Weighted Signal to Noise Ratio
- 16 – 24 Bit 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz Sample Rate Support
- 1 USB Type B Input
- 1 Optical (TOSLINK) Input
- 1 Coaxial Input
- 1 RCA Analog Audio Input
- 1 Balanced XLR-4 Output
- 1 Unbalanced 1/4” Output
- 1 RCA Analog Audio (Fixed/Variable) Output
- Anodized Aluminum Extrusion with MDF Walnut Veneer Top and Bottom Case
- LED's on Front Indicate Sample Rate
- 2.0m USB Type B Cable Included
- Universal Power Supply Included
- US, EU, UK, and AU Plugs Included
Pricing and Availability
About Steve Cooper
Steve Cooper is an applications software developer who also builds custom home media solutions. His interests include reading, music & movies, guitar, woodworking and motor racing.
Steve Cooper's full author bio and article archive...