Insteon Siren Announced
On Tuesday, November 22, 2016, Insteon announced their new Insteon Siren (item # 2868-222). Intended to add an additional layer of security, the Insteon Siren is part of Insteon’s line of DIY (Do-It-Yourself) home monitoring and control solutions. The siren emits two user-selected audible alarms: a loud 115 dB siren and a more pleasing and softer 100 dB chime tone.
The Insteon Siren plugs into an available (indoor only) two or three pronged 120 volt 60 Hz AC wall outlet and works with Insteon wireless sensors such as as door and window sensors, water leak sensors and motion sensors. Arming and disarming the Insteon Siren is accomplished using Insteon wall keypads and other controllers. It can also be paired with the Insteon Hub (item # 2245-222) and controlled with any Android or iOS device.
Insteon Siren Features
- Two alarms – 115 dB at 1 meter siren and 100 dB at 1 meter chime
- Supports linking to 24 devices
- Can paired with the Insteon Hub (item # 2245-222)
- Can be used without the Insteon Hub by manually pairing the siren to Insteon sensors
- Can be controlled with Insteon Keypad, Insteon Mini Remote and other Insteon Controllers
- Can be controlled with the Insteon Android or iOS app (Insteon Hub required)
- Includes a status red/green LED
- Button for sounding the currently selected tone
- Button for silencing the currently selected tone
- Button for cycling through available sound options, for selecting arm/disarm mode, and for basic linking and local programming
Pricing and Availability
The Insteon Siren is expected to be available on November 30, 2016 for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $49.99.
About Steve Cooper
Steve Cooper is an applications software developer who also builds custom home media solutions. His interests include reading, music & movies, guitar, woodworking and motor racing.
Steve Cooper's full author bio and article archive...