Klipsch Reference Theater Pack Announced
On Thursday, October 26, 2017, Klipsch® announced another addition to its Reference™ series of speakers. The new Klipsch Reference Theater Pack is a compact seven-piece, horn-loaded, 5.1 surround speaker system. Incorporating premium materials and advanced technology, the speaker system is the only one of its kind available today.
The Klipsch Reference Theater Pack speaker system is marketed between sound bars and more complex home theater systems. Connecting to the listener’s AV receiver, the system follows the 5.1 standard and is made up of four satellite speakers, a dedicated center channel speaker and a wireless subwoofer.
The seventh piece of the package is a 2.4 GHz wireless transmitter that plugs into the subwoofer or LFE out on the listener’s AV receiver. The transmitter allows the listener to place the subwoofer in any part of the room.
Klipsch Reference Theater Pack Materials
The satellite speakers and the center channel speaker feature 3.4” copper Injection Molded Graphite woofers and ¾” aluminum Linear Travel Suspension tweeters. Exclusive 90° x 90° Tractrix® horn technology is built into the speakers to deliver high-end response and more powerful dynamics. The all-digital subwoofer contains a down-firing 8” woofer and port and a 150 watt high-efficiency digital amplifier. All speakers in the package come in a black brushed polymer finish.
In addition to being able to place each satellite speaker on a flat surface such as a shelf, each comes with a keyhole mount and a ¼” x 20 threaded insert for mounting on the wall or on a speaker stand. The center channel speaker has dual keyhole mounts and threaded inserts.
Klipsch Reference Theater Pack Center Channel and Satellite Speaker Features
- 11 Hz – 23 kHz +/- 3 dB Frequency Response
- 8 ohms Nominal Impedance
- 91 dB @ 2.83 volts / 1 meter Satellite Speakers
- 94 dB @ 2.83 volts / 1 meter Center Channel Speaker
- 50 watts (200 watts peak) Satellite Speakers
- 75 watts (300 watts peak) Center Channel Speaker
- ¾” (1.9 cm) aluminum diaphragm compression driver mated to 90° x 90° Tractrix Horn High Frequency Drivers in the Satellite Speakers and Center Channel Speakers
- 3.5” (8.9 cm) copper IMG woofer Low Frequency Driver in the Satellite Speakers
- Dual 3.5” (8.9 cm) copper IMG woofer Low Frequency Drivers in the Center Channel Speaker
- Black Brushed Polymer Finish
- 5-year Limited Warranty
Klipsch Reference Theater Pack Subwoofer Features
- 38 Hz – 120 Hz +/- 3 dB Frequency Response
- 50 watts (150 watts peak) Power
- 108 dB Acoustic Output
- Bass Reflex via Down-Firing 8” woofer and port
- 2.4 GHz CD-Quality Wireless Streaming
- Line Level / LFE RCA Jack inputs
- MDF Enclosure Material
- Black Brushed Polymer Finish
- 2-year Limited Warranty on the Electronics
- 5-year Limited Warranty on the Woofer, Cabinet and Non-Electrical Mechanics
Pricing and Availability
About Steve Cooper
Steve Cooper is an applications software developer who also builds custom home media solutions. His interests include reading, music & movies, guitar, woodworking and motor racing.
Steve Cooper's full author bio and article archive...