Kodi Playlist Download Suicide Squad
"Suicide Squad" is a 2016 DC Comics film written and directed by David Ayer. This film was disliked by almost all professional critics. Despite the critics, the audience showed up and the film made money – Lots of money. I checked IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes and found that most of the viewers that chose to write a review wrote one that was negative. Just for the record, I enjoyed the film. It's not in my top 100 films, but I didn't dislike the film.
With that said, why would I put together a playlist of the films tracks? The simple answer is that it's a fun selection of music. The tracks span decades and all of them hold up over time.
I'm guessing that the album is missing tracks due to licensing issues. I'm also guessing that the album includes tracks not in the film to fill it out.
The Tracks in the Film and in the Album
As we've found out in doing these playlists for other films, the film's soundtrack album doesn't match the tracks found in the film. This film's soundtrack album misses a lot of tracks from the film and throws in three tracks that aren't in the film. Just so you have complete information, I've included three lists in this article.
- Tracks in the film and not on the album
- Tracks on the album and not in the film (this list includes download links in case you want to be complete with the film and the album)
- The compete track list from the film with download links where I could find them
I'm guessing that the album is missing tracks due to licensing issues. I'm also guessing that the album includes tracks not in the film to fill it out. Whatever the true reason is, and it could be "Artistic License," it's a bit frustrating.
How the Playlist for "Suicide Squad" is Designed
When I give a film's soundtrack list, that's the list of tracks in the playlist file. Even when I can't find the track, I include it in the playlist in case you can find it later. It doesn't do any harm to organize things this way – Kodi will ignore a playlist track if it can't find it in your library.
Generally, I try to provide download links to the individual tracks on the album. In those cases where there are tracks that you can't download directly from the album, I try to include links to the tracks on other albums by the same artists. Sometimes this works and you get the exact song, sometimes you get one that's close, but not exactly the same as in the film. This rule of mine also holds true for tracks that are in the film, but not on the soundtrack album.
Finally, if you don't have any of the tracks or very few of the tracks, it makes sense to purchase the soundtrack album. You can do that here:
Suicide Squad: The Album - https://www.amazon.com/Suicide-Squad-Explicit-Various-artists/dp/B01H5ZZCLY
Tracks included in the movie, but not included on "Suicide Squad: The Album"
- "House of the Rising Sun" Performed by The Animals
- "Sympathy For The Devil" Performed by The Rolling Stones
- "Super Freak" Performed by Rick James
- "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" Performed by AC/DC
- "Black Skinhead" Performed by Kanye West
- "Over Here" Performed by Rae Sremmurd featuring Bobo Swae
- "Paranoid" Performed by Black Sabbath
- "Seven Nation Army" Performed by The White Stripes
- "Spirit In The Sky" Performed by Norman Greenbaum
- "Come Baby Come" Performed by K7
- "I'd Rather Go Blind" Performed by Etta James
- "Symphony No. 3, Op. 36 'Symphony of Sorrowful Songs': III. Lento (Cantabile - semplice)" Performed by Narodowa Orkiestra Symfoniczna Polskiego Radia with Katowicach (as Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra) conducted by Antoni Wit
On that last symphony piece, you can download the piece from other artists, but I couldn't find it recorded by Narodowa Orkiestra Symfoniczna Polskiego Radia. So, I'm not including a download link for it.
Tracks included on "Suicide Squad: The Album", but not in the movie
- Wreak Havoc Performed by Skylar Gray
- Medieval Warfare Performed by Grimes
- I Started a Joke Performed by ConfidentialMX
These three tracks are not included in the playlist. If you want to be complete (I'm frequently guilty of this), just add the three tracks to the end of the playlist.
"Suicide Squad" Soundtrack (All Included in the Playlist)
- House Of The Rising Sun Performed by The Animals
- You Don't Own Me Performed by Lesley Gore
- Sympathy For The Devil Performed by The Rolling Stones
- Standing in the Rain Performed by Action Bronson, Mark Ronson and Dan Auerbach
- Super Freak Performed by Rick James
- Purple Lamborghini Performed by Skrillex and Rick Ross
- Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap Performed by AC/DC
- Slippin' Into Darkness Performed by War
- Fortunate Son Performed by Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Black Skinhead Performed by Kanye West
- Gangsta Performed by Kehlani
- Over Here Performed by Rae Sremmurd feat. Bobo Swae
- Know Better Performed by Kevin Gates
- Paranoid Performed by Black Sabbath
- Seven Nation Army Performed by The White Stripes
- Without Me Performed by Marshall Mathers
- Spirit In The Sky Performed by Norman Greenbaum
- Come Baby Come Performed by K7
- I'd Rather Go Blind Performed by Etta James
- Symphony No. 3, Op. 36 'Symphony of Sorrowful Songs': III. Lento (Cantabile semplice) Performed by Narodowa Orkiestra Symfoniczna Polskiego Radia w Katowicach (as Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra) conducted by Antoni Wit
- Bohemian Rhapsody Performed by Panic! At The Disco
- Heathens Performed by Twenty One Pilots
- Sucker For Pain Performed by Lil' Wayne, Wiz Khalifa & Imagine Dragons with Logic and Ty Dolla $ign (as Ty Dolla $ign) (Feat. X Ambassadors)
After downloading the playlist .ZIP file, you need to do two things:
- Unzip the playlist into your Kodi music playlist folder — You can find specific information on playlist folders in this article: Kodi Playlist Folders
- Start Kodi (if it isn't already running) and navigate to the Playlist section of your music library, select this new playlist and enjoy
Today's playlist is 2,054 Bytes in size (unzipped) and contains the songs used in the movie, “Suicide Squad” in ascending track order.
That's all there is to it. Follow the instructions listed above and quick as you can say, “We're bad guys. It's what we do.” you'll have a new music playlist.
Note: If you just copy the .ZIP file into your playlist folder, Kodi will handle it just fine. It sees the zip file and adds it to your list of playlists. Clicking on the .ZIP file will open it up and present you with the contents. In the case of today's file: “Suicide Squad,” click on that and it works like any other playlist.
Today's playlist is
Today's playlist is 2,054 bytes in size (unzipped) and contains the songs used in the movie, “Suicide Squad” in ascending track order.
About Steve Cooper
Steve Cooper is an applications software developer who also builds custom home media solutions. His interests include reading, music & movies, guitar, woodworking and motor racing.
Steve Cooper's full author bio and article archive...