Kodi Playlist Download Top 40 For 1940
This week’s Kodi Playlist Download starts a new series of playlists – The top 40 songs for each year from 1940 to the present. This series of playlists should end up being quite a bit of fun. I’m also hoping these playlists prove handy. For example, you’ll be able to look up the top songs for a given year, you’ll be able to plan parties themed to a given year, you’ll see where your music library is lacking, and you’ll see all of the duplicates you own (Can you say, “White Christmas?”). It’s also enlightening to see which of the more current songs in your library are actually remakes of songs decades older.
Just to give you some context, the image I chose for this article was taken in October, 1940 when Albert Einstein and his daughter acquired their United States citizenship.
The Top 40 for 1940
The top 40 for 1940 includes quite a few Christmas songs, but look at them and you’ll see that they're all classics we still sing today. Then there are the cowboy songs. It looks like folks in the 1940s had quite a thing for cowboys, ropin’ & ridin’, and the old West. Also featured are a few songs we normally associate with World War II, even though we weren't in the fight, yet – Pearl Harbor wasn’t attacked until the next year.
Contents of The Top 40 for 1940 Playlist
- White Christmas Performed by Bing Crosby
- The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You) Performed by Nat “King” Cole
- God Bless The Child Performed by Billie Holiday
- Take The “A” Train Performed by Duke Ellington
- Stardust Performed by Artie Shaw
- Swinging On A Star Performed by Bing Crosby
- You Always Hurt The One You Love Performed by Mills Brothers
- Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy Performed by Andrews Sisters
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Performed by Glenn Miller (feat. Tex Beneke, the Four Modernaires)
- Paper Doll Performed by Mills Brothers
- Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer Performed by Gene Autry
- Sentimental Journey Performed by Les Brown & His Orchestra (feat. Doris Day)
- I’ll Be Seeing You Performed by Bing Crosby / Tommy Dorsey (feat. Frank Sinatra)
- I’ll Never Smile Again Performed by Tommy Dorsey (feat. Frank Sinatra)
- Riders In The Sky (A Cowboy Legend) Performed by Vaughn Monroe / Peggy Lee
- Auld Lang Syne Performed by Guy Lombardo
- That’s My Desire Performed by Frankie Laine / Sammy Kaye
- Don’t Fence Me In Performed by Bing Crosby & the Andrews Sisters / Roy Rogers / Gene Autry
- Jingle, Jangle, Jingle Performed by Kay Kyser / Gene Autry
- Tuxedo Junction Performed by Glenn Miller
- Nature Boy Performed by Nat “King” Cole / Frank Sinatra / Sarah Vaughan
- Brazil Performed by Xavier Cugat / Jimmy Dorsey (Bob Eberly & Helen O’Connell)
- Green Eyes Performed by Jimmy Dorsey (Bob Eberly & Helen O’Connell)
- Frenesi Performed by Artie Shaw
- Till The End Of Time Performed by Perry Como / Les Brown / Dick Haymes
- Lover Man (Oh Where Can You Be) Performed by Billie Holiday / Sarah Vaughan
- Moonlight Cocktail Performed by Glenn Miller
- Stormy Weather Performed by Lena Horne
- This Land Is Your Land Performed by Woody Guthrie
- You Are My Sunshine Performed by Jimmie Davis
- That Lucky Old Sun Performed by Frankie Laine / Vaughn Monroe
- (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons Performed by Nat “King” Cole / Eddy Howard / Dinah Shore
- (I’ve Got A Gal In) Kalamazoo Performed by Glenn Miller (Marion Hutton & the Modernaires)
- Don’t Sit Under The Apple Tree Performed by Glenn Miller / Andrews Sisters
- Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive Performed by Johnny Mercer / Bing Crosby & the Andrews Sisters
- Maria Elena Performed by Jimmy Dorsey / Wayne King
- A String Of Pearls Performed by Glenn Miller
- The Gypsy Performed by Ink Spots / Dinah Shore / Sammy Kaye (Mary Marlow)
- Manana (Is Soon Enough For Me) Performed by Peggy Lee
- Near You Performed by Francis Craig / Andrews Sisters / Larry Green / Alvino Rey
After downloading the playlist .ZIP file, you need to do two things:
- Unzip the playlist into your Kodi music playlist folder — You can find specific information on playlist folders in this article: Kodi Playlist Folders
- Start Kodi (if it isn't already running) and navigate to the Playlist section of your music library, select this new playlist and enjoy
Today's playlist is 3,962 Bytes in size (unzipped) and contains the top 40 songs for 1940 in ascending ranking order.
That's all there is to it. Follow the instructions listed above and quick as you can say, “He referred to my proboscis as an adscititious excrescence.” you'll have a new music playlist.
Note: If you just copy the .ZIP file into your playlist folder, Kodi will handle it just fine. It sees the zip file and adds it to your list of playlists. Clicking on the .ZIP file will open it up and present you with the contents. In the case of today's file: “Top 40 for 1940,” click on that and it works like any other playlist.
Today's playlist is
“Top 40 for 1940.”
Today's playlist is 3,962 bytes in size (unzipped) and contains the top 40 songs for 1940 in ascending ranking order.
About Steve Cooper
Steve Cooper is an applications software developer who also builds custom home media solutions. His interests include reading, music & movies, guitar, woodworking and motor racing.
Steve Cooper's full author bio and article archive...