Logitech Circle 2 Cameras Now Work With Google Assistant
On Thursday, October 26, 2017, Logitech announced that their Logitech Circle 2 home security cameras now work with Google Assistant. Already working with Amazon’s Alexa and Apple’s HomeKit & Siri, adding Google Assistant rounds out the Circle 2 into a camera system controllable by almost any voice device. This integration with Google Assistant works on all Circle 2 cameras (wired or wire-free) and on the first generation Logi Circle.
Now, using Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri and HomeKit, and Google Assistant, you can use your voice to control what you see. For example, using Google Assistant, you can say, “Ok Google, show me the front door camera,” or “Ok Google, show me the backyard camera.” Just give Google Assistant the name for your camera and you can see the camera’s video. To view the video provided by the camera on your TV, you must have a Chromecast or a TV with Chromecast built in. You’ll also need an Android mobile device, an Apple mobile device, or a smart speaker like Google Home. Specific instructions on how to do this can be found on this Google Home Help page: Stream your security camera using Google Home
Logitech Circle 2 Features
- Integration with Amazon Alexa
- Integration with Apple HomeKit & Siri
- Integration with Google Assistant
- Wi-Fi 2.4 and 5 GHz compatible
- 180-degree expansive field-of-view glass lens
- Up to 1080p full HD video
- Digital Zoom
- Auto night vision up to 15 feet
- Motion detection
- Instant data encryption and secure web transfer (SSL)
- Built-in speaker and microphone for two-way talk
- Adjustable pan and tilt
- Multiple camera support
- Mobile app and desktop/laptop web browser access
- Rechargeable Battery (6400 mAh Li-ion) on Wire-free version
- Quick release for battery swapping on Wire-free version
Circle 2 System Requirements
- Available AC power outlet (for the Wired version)
- 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4GHz or 5.0GHz wireless network
- iOS 8.1 or newer running on iPhone 4s or newer, iPad mini or newer, iPad 3 or newer, iPad Touch (5th generation) or newer; or a mobile device running Android 4.4 or newer with Bluetooth lower energy technology.
- Latest versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Edge for desktop browser viewing
Pricing and Availability
Access to the new Google Assistant integration is available now in the United States and will be available soon in other countries. For those wishing to purchase a Logitech Circle 2 camera, they’re available now at Logitech.com, Apple, Amazon, and Best Buy. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) for the Circle 2 Wired is $179.99. The MSRP for the Circle 2 Wire-Free is $199.99.
About Steve Cooper
Steve Cooper is an applications software developer who also builds custom home media solutions. His interests include reading, music & movies, guitar, woodworking and motor racing.
Steve Cooper's full author bio and article archive...