Logitech Circle 2 Security Camera Introduced
On Tuesday, June 13, 2017, The Logitech Circle 2 was announced. The Circle 2 is a security camera appropriate for both indoor and outdoor use. The latest update to Logitech’s Logi Circle cam, the Circle 2 features a waterproof design. Also announced were optional mounts and accessories that allow you to customize the cam to your needs.
Two cam models are available. The Wired version is powered by an electrical cord that is plugged into a standard AC wall outlet. The Wire-free version is powered by a rechargeable battery mount. The battery mount can last up to 3 months per charge.
Controlling and Monitoring the Logitech Circle 2
Logitech is also releasing updated iOS and Android apps that control and monitor the new security cam. The Circle 2 cam can also be controlled using Logitech’s Pop Smart Button and Amazon’s Alexa. In a future update, The Logitech Circle 2 will also support Apple’s HomeKit. Backward compatibility with Amazon’s Alexa and Logitech’s Pop Smart Button will also be provided to Logi Circle owners in a future update to the respective skill and app.
Circle 2 Capabilities
The Logitech Circle 2 features an 180 degree wide-angle lens, 1080p HD streaming and two-way talk and listen.
The cam comes with 24-hours of free, secure, encrypted cloud storage. Two optional Circle Safe™ cloud storage plans are also available. Circle Safe Basic provides 14-days of video storage. Circle Safe Premium provides 31-days of cloud storage, custom Motion Zones and Person Detection.
Logitech Circle 2 Features
- Wi-Fi 2.4 and 5 GHz compatible
- 180-degree expansive field-of-view glass lens
- Up to 1080p full HD video
- Digital Zoom
- Auto night vision up to 15 feet
- Motion detection
- Instant data encryption and secure web transfer (SSL)
- Built-in speaker and microphone for two-way talk
- Adjustable pan and tilt
- Multiple camera support
- Mobile app and desktop/laptop web browser access
- Rechargeable Battery (6400 mAh Li-ion) on Wire-free version
- Quick release for battery swapping on Wire-free version
Circle 2 System Requirements
- Available AC power outlet (for the Wired version)
- 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4GHz or 5.0GHz wireless network
- iOS 8.1 or newer running on iPhone 4s or newer, iPad mini or newer, iPad 3 or newer, iPad Touch (5th generation) or newer; or a mobile device running Android 4.4 or newer with Bluetooth lower energy technology.
- Latest versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Edge for desktop browser viewing
Pricing and Availability
The suggested retail price is $179.99 for the wired version and $199.99 for the Wireless version. An assortment of mounts and accessories will range in price from $29.99 to $49.99.
The Circle Safe Basic subscription plan (14-day storage) is $3.99 per month per camera. The Circle Safe Premium subscription plan (31-day storage plus extra functionality) is $9.99 per month per camera. 24 hours of cloud storage is provided free with the camera.
About Steve Cooper
Steve Cooper is an applications software developer who also builds custom home media solutions. His interests include reading, music & movies, guitar, woodworking and motor racing.
Steve Cooper's full author bio and article archive...