Lutron Caséta Now Controls Hunter Ceiling Fans
On Friday, December 9, 2016, Lutron Electronics announced that its Lutron Caséta Wireless system is now compatible with the new Wi-Fi® and Apple® HomeKit™-enabled Hunter Symphony and Signal ceiling fans – The first Apple HomeKit-enabled ceiling fans on the market. More Hunter models will be introduced soon.
The Lutron Caséta Wireless Smart Bridge gives users the ability to control lights, shades, temperature, audio and now ceiling fans from anywhere inside or outside the home using Amazon’s Alexa or the Lutron App.
With this new introduction, Caséta users can adjust their Hunter Symphony and Signal ceiling fans (including the light) to a preferred setting. With Alexa or Siri, Users can also use voice control – “Turn on the fan,” or “Dim the family room light to 50 percent.”
Features Common to the Symphony and Signal Ceiling Fans
- Includes integrated light kit with Cased White glass
- WhisperWind® motor for air movement while limiting noise
- Installer's Choice three-position mounting system allows for standard, angled or low ceiling mounting
- Includes Fan/Light Hand-held Remote Control
- Includes dimmable bulbs that give you control of the light output
- LED light kit offers lower energy consumption and a longer life span
- Extra low serenity speed produces a soothing breeze
- Reversible motor allows you to change the direction of your fan from downdraft mode during the summer to updraft mode during the winter
- 13 degree blade pitch optimized to ensure ideal air movement and peak performance
- Limited Lifetime Motor Warranty
Features Unique to Symphony
- Two 9.8W LED bulbs included
- 2" downrod included to ensure proper distance from the ceiling and optimize air movement
Features Unique to Signal
- One 17W LED bulb included
- 4.5" and 2" downrods included to ensure proper distance from the ceiling and optimize air movement at your preferred blade height
Lutron Caséta Pricing And Availability
The Lutron Caséta Wireless System is available now. The Suggested retail price of the Apple HomeKit-enabled Smart Bridge is $150.00. Assorted other Caséta kits and products are also available now at various price points.
The Caséta system can be purchased from Amazon.com, Apple Stores and Apple.com, BestBuy.com® and Best Buy® stores, HomeDepot.com and The Home Depot® stores, Lowes.com and Lowe’s Home Improvement centers, Magnolia® Design Centers, select Magnolia Home Theater stores, and from local electricians, lighting showrooms, electrical distributors, home theater integrators and home technology professionals.
The Hunter Wi-Fi and Apple HomeKit-enabled Symphony and Signal ceiling fans are available now. The Symphony’s suggested retail price is $299.00. The Signal’s suggested retail price is $349.00.
About Steve Cooper
Steve Cooper is an applications software developer who also builds custom home media solutions. His interests include reading, music & movies, guitar, woodworking and motor racing.
Steve Cooper's full author bio and article archive...