On Sunday, June 21, 2015, Sony Electronics announced the pricing and availability of their three newest 4K Ultra HD TVs. The new models are the: X900C 55” (54.6” diagonal), X900C 65” (64.5” diagonal) and x910c 75” (74.5” diagonal).
All three televisions were first showcased at CES (the Consumer Electronics Show) held in Las Vegas in January of this year.
Features common to all three models in the Sony X900C and X910C range
- Ultra 4K HD resolution – 3,840 x 2,160 pixels
- Thin design – At approximately 0.2 inches (less than ¼ inch), these are the thinnest TVs Sony has ever produced
- A bezel-free TV screen with an edge that's nearly invisible. This means that you get a picture from edge to edge
- Can mount flush to the wall
- Upscales HD content to 4K (Results will vary based on the content)
- Can Access Google Play Store directly from the TV to download Android apps
- Google Cast Ready – Similar to having Chromecast built into the TV, you can stream media from Android and iOS mobile devices, Macs, PCs or Chromebooks
- NOTE: In looking at the product specifications, I could not find where these TVs are HDCP 2.2 compliant. This could be an issue in the future with copy-protected 4K content
Pricing and Availability
- The X900C 4K Ultra HD TV 55” will be $2,499 and will be available in July, 2015
- The X900C 4K Ultra HD TV 65” will be $3,999 and will be available in July, 2015
- The X910C 4K Ultra HD TV 75” will be $5,499 and will be available in the summer, 2015