On Wednesday, June 29, 2015, Marantz announced three new network A/V receivers.
The third receiver, the SR5010 is a full-size chassis. All three of the new receivers come with wireless connectivity.
NR1506 5.2 Channel Slim Design Network A/V Receiver
The Slim Design NR1506 Network A/V Receiver contains a 5.1 channel amplifier with 50W per channel. With built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® capabilities, the NR1506 can connect to online streaming sources such as Internet Radio, Pandora®, SiriusXM™, Spotify Connect® and AirPlay®. It can also play music files stored on a PC or NAS drive via DLNA®. It will handle a wide-range of audio files including high resolution FLAC HD, ALAC, WAV192/24 and DSD. The iPod® digital-compatible USB input on the front panel rounds up connectivity options for mobile and table devices.
The video section fully supports 4K Ultra HD high resolution video and can accommodate the HDMI 2.0a specification including 4K 60Hz pass-through and HDCP 2.2 compatibility that is required for 4K copy-protected content. It also features HDR (High Dynamic Range) and Wide Color Gamut compatibility that are key components of the BT.2020 4K Ultra HD video specification. There are six HDMI inputs including one located on the front panel, all of which support HDCP 2.2 compatibility.
The NR1506 comes with an on-screen Setup Assistant, and Audyssey MultEQ® room calibration which provide on-screen instructions for setting up the receiver. A Marantz Remote App is available for Android™ and iOS. At the same time, the NR1506 includes a smart ECO mode that can automatically save significant electrical power without influencing the overall performance.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built in
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio
- 50W x 5.2 channel (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08%THD) high quality discrete power amplifier
- Audyssey MultEQ auto speaker setup and room calibration
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume and Audyssey Dynamic EQ
- Latest HDMI 2.0a version with 4k 60Hz 4:4:4 resolution
- 5+1 HDMI in / 1 HDMI out (4k 60Hz, 3D, ARC, HDR, BT2020)
- Full HDCP 2.2 support on all inputs
- MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA, AIFF
- HD Audio streaming: FLAC 192/24, DSD, ALAC
- Gapless Playback
- Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM*, Internet Radio support
- Setup Assistant and GUI
- AirPlay on board
- Marantz AVR Remote App for iOS and Android devices
- ECO mode
NR1606 7.2 Channel Dual Zone Slim Design Network A/V Receiver
The Slim Design NR1606 comes with the same features as the NR1506 and adds 7.1 channels, Dolby Atmos®decoding and Dolby Surround upmixing to deliver multi-dimensional sound through height speakers or Dolby Atmos enabled upfiring speakers. It will also support the new object based surround format from DTS®, DTS:X™ via a firmware update later this year (visit http://www.marantz.com/dtsx for more information).
The NR1606 further offers an advanced video section to upscale analog and digital source material up to Full HD 1080p or even 4K Ultra HD for the ultimate viewing experience. There are 8 HDMI 2.0a inputs and full support for second zone audio.
- 50W x 7.2 channel (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08%THD) high quality discrete power amplifier
- Dolby Atmos (5.1.2 configuration)
- DTS:X ready
- 7+1 front HDMI in / 1 HDMI out (4k 60Hz, 3D, ARC, HDR, BT2020)
- Advanced Video Processing with HDMI scaling up to 1080p, 4k 30/24 Hz
- ISF video calibration
- Advanced GUI
SR5010 7.2 Channel Dual Zone Full-Size Network A/V Receiver
The first model in the standard 2015 Marantz full-size line-up, the SR5010 7.2 channel Network A/V Receiver features 100W of power per channel. It comes with the same features as its counterparts, but is another step up on the audio side in particular. It is made up of select high grade audio components. The whole internal circuit further enhances audio quality by handling all signals via Marantz HDAMs in Current Feedback topology before they reach the speakers. Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology found on the company’s Reference Series components provides superior low noise wideband performance in an all-discrete configuration, compared to conventional op amp ICs. HDAM technology provides an ultra-fast slew rate for true wideband response and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today’s high-resolution audio formats.
Further flexibility is obtained by including a second HDMI output to connect a projector and a TV at the same time. A 7.2 channel pre-out section and an RS232 connection makes the SR5010 very attractive for custom installation purposes.
- Full size A/V receiver
- 100W x 7.2 channel (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08%THD) high quality discrete power amplifier
- 7+1 front HDMI in / 2 HDMI out (4k 60Hz, 3D, ARC, HDR, BT2020)
- Current Feedback topology and new Marantz HDAM
- High grade audio components
- 7.1 multichannel input / 7.2 channel pre-out
Pricing and Availability
The MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) for the NR1506 is $499. The MSRP for the NR1606 is $699. The MSRP for the SR5010 is $899. All three new Marantz A/V Receivers will be available in July/August, 2015.